Kurinji Andavar Murugan Temple

Kurinji Andavar Murugan TempleKurinji Andavar Murugan temple, 4 kilometres 2.5 mi from the bus-stand, is famous for its Kurinji flower which blossoms in the area only once every 12 years. The deity here is called Sri Kurinji Easwaran, who is in fact Lord Murugan. This temple was built in 1936 by a European lady, who on coming to Ceylon, converted to Hinduism.She changed her name to Leelavathi and married Mr.Ponnambalam Ramanathan. She is also known as Lady Ramanathan. This temple was handed over to Arulmighu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Thiru Kovil, Palani by Mrs Devi Prasad Bhaskaran also known as Padmini, niece and adopted daughter of Mr S Natesan Pillai, son in-law of Lady Ramanathan and her husband Dr R. Bhaskaran.

How to reach

Private Vehicles Available

www.kodaikanaltoday.com
www.kodaikanaltoday.com
www.kodaikanaltoday.com